Sunday, December 9, 2007

Happy Holidays


It's getting closer.........yes, it is. Everything around town is beginning to be graced in crisp reds, velvet greens, shiny silver and gold, and lots and lots of colored lights. I like driving around looking at all of the decorated yards, with different lighted scenes. Manger scenes are my favorites. One home has life size characters (they seem that large to me)with shepherds and sheep, Mary, Joseph, our Saviour...Baby Jesus...and wise men and cows and hay and straw and rough boards and...did I say lights. It's really pretty. I hope they're out again this year.


And here is my contribution toward Christmas for now. I used a computer painted background I'd done earlier and added cute little tubes to come up with this. It was fun doing and made me smile. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

G'day I like the manger displays more than the santa ones. My brother has some lights and a manger scene with cut out figures. I have tried to photograph them but not acceptable yet, I will try somthing else.

BJ said...

Happy Holidays to you too Nita! I love your picture....how you do these things I still don't know. But I sure love looking at them.

Hope you are well....and thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving comments. It's always great to hear from you.

Hope the new baby is doing well....this will be a wonderful holiday with a new baby in the house! I love to hold, swaddle, and breath in the smells of a new baby. I know you will be enjoying her this Christmas.

Marilyn said...

Merry Christmas Nita. You can see the Animal Choir on my blog. scroll down past the still graphic with the names.
Marilyn

sandy said...

I'm so behind on visiting. This last few weeks have been so busy.

Love your card and hope you had a wonderful holiday. How is that new baby?!?

sandy