Sunday, November 4, 2007

Hanging By A Thread


I looked for some Fall colors today. Finally I came home and found this little leaf in my back yard. You can't see it, but it is held by just a wisp of a spider web. If not for the web, attached to the branch, it would have fallen to the ground days ago.

I decided to give it a frame. After doing that, I decided, no, it didn't need an ornate frame. I looked at it for awhile, and finally left it. I have a hard time making up my mind anyway. If I wait long enough, I can change my mind about most things.

Not all things. Some, such as faith and love for God and love for man....all of His creation, will never change. I don't mess with the things that I'm sure of. In this world, there are so few things we can "be sure of". Things change continuously, and we are subject to the wind of change. It's good to know that everything around me can change, but I am held by God Himself. And as this little leaf will someday fall to the ground, being dependant on one single thread, I am held by One who is greater than all. If I fall, I fall into Him. If I am held, I am held by Him. My Creator is the same Creator of this little leaf, and the spider, and the seasons...........

Tonight I feel God's peace all around me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nita this is beautiful... both the photo and frame and your wonderfully uplifting words. Thanks Sis.

sandy said...

Wow, just beautiful. That leaf is stunning.

and your words are beautiful.

sandy

Marilyn said...

I love this photo of the little leaf, I do believe I saw it on another CP too but without the frame. Good job Nita. You are awesome.

Love ya Marilyn